Here is 10% off 199 (until 08/31/07) at Circuit City for you to make this even cheaper!
After hunting for a week, reading reviews etc. for a good affordable projector, my choice boiled down to two:
Cheaper Option: Mitsubishi HD1000U:
Currently $899 at Projector People
- 1500 Lumens (brighter than other more expensive projectors)
- Native 720p
- Good Reviews
- No lens shift – needs to be on table or ceiling mounted
(no rear shelf mount – which is what I was considering)
- Small Zoom – At the 10 foot distance I plan to mount at I
couldn’t get a 100″ screen
- Only One Yr Warranty
Selected Option: Panasonic PT-AX100U:
Currently $1699 at projector people – 400 rebate from Panasonic
- Brightest in it’s class with 2000 Lumens
- Cheap for the features
- 2X Zoom (best in class)
- Throw at Lens Level with H+V Adjusment i.e. mount in any way
- Excellent reviews (5* in all categories at Projector Central)
- I hate dealing with rebates!
- Only 1 Yr Warranty
Hopefully I should get the Projector in a week.
Keep a watch for my review.